With an increasing number of Zigbee devices: Philips Hue, Osram, Iris, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others – it’s interesting to use these products for Do It Yourself scenarios. This makes the POPP ZB-Shield possible, because the smart device switches your Raspberry Pi into a universal Zigbee gateway by being connected to the GPIO’s.
POPP ZB-SHIELD (ZIGBEE)
A big variety of Zigbee devices can be used to create automations and other functionalities. Control and monitor sensors, actuators, thermostats and much more. All you need is the ZB-Shiel and an open source platform like HomeAssistant or OpenHAB. With that you can create rules and scenarios, which will increase your comfort and safety. The best: you save energy at the same time.
Another advantage is that no additional hidden costs await you. In addition, your data remains yours, because no cloud is needed to save your scenarios and/or rules.
The POPP ZB-Shield is designed specifically for Raspberry Pi (1,2,3,4). It is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28×18 mm + 10mm RPi header
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- UART interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
- Article Dimensions (WxHxL): 30 x 12 x 19 mm
- Package Dimensions (WxHxL): 80 x 25 x 58 mm
- Article net weight: 0.003 Kg
- Article gross weight: 0.020 Kg
- WEEE: yes
- CE: yes
- IP-Rating: IP10
- Flyer ZB-Shield (Zigbee)
- CE-Declaration ZB-Shield
- Instruction for setting up the ZB-Shield with HomeAssistant