In a Smart Home different installations such as lighting, heating, alarm system, ventilation or shade control work together to be interoperating with each other to form a single system to control the home increasing safety, security and convenience for the residents. Thanks to the manufacturer and application open Z-Wave technology, it’s possible to connect all these different applications and devices with each other.
- Turn off all your lights with a single switch.
- Turn on all lights from a switch near the bed in case of suspicious noise at night.
- Dim down the lights in the kids rooms over a longer period of time to help your children to find sleep.
- Never come into a dark home again by turning on the light from outside using a remote control.
- Record your lighting behavior and play back when you are on vacation to simulate presence.
- Define separate light scenarios for several demands and situations.
Heating/ Climate Control
- Automatically open the windows in summer time at midnight to get fresh air into the home.
- Automatically open the roof windows at noon in wintertime to get fresh air into the home.
- Close all windows when a thunderstorm is approaching.
- Switch the heater into energy-saving mode when out of the home.
- Turn up the heating when on the way home.
- Make sure your vacation home is well heated when arriving for the weekend.
- Turn up the heating via smartphone while sitting on the couch.
- Make sure you don’t forget to turn off the heating when you open the window or leave home.
- Protect your floor from water spill and shut off the water valve in case of leakage.
- Get an alert in case of fire (or false alarm) well before the Fire Fighters swamp your home – in 80 % of all alarms it is an easy-to-fix reason.
- Monitor the temperatures in the basement to make sure no water pipe is freezing.
- Arm/Disarm your alarm system right from your smartphone.
- Use motion detectors and other sensors to trigger an alarm.
- Get a burglar alarm first before the siren starts to inform neighbors.
- See energy consumption trends and replace energy-hungry devices.
- Check energy/water/gas consumption from everywhere.